I Hate Treadmills and I Hate Running in the Cold
The title of this post has to be credited to my new friend Tom C. of Daily Mile fame and fan of Raleigh Runners. Tis the season of occasionally needing to depend on a treadmill to keep up the miles. A big part of getting in the zone for me is being outside. A little person, in the enormous universe trying to get her run on. I feel powerless and powerful, insignificant and significant at the same time. It’s either a runners high or a runners trip!
Here is what I do to get through treadmill runs:
- Have a play list of new songs or songs I haven’t listened to in a long time
- Choose a treadmill in between a couple of dudes to inspire my competitive spirit and imagine I’m kicking their asses
- Challenge myself with speed and hill workouts
- Use the preset built in workouts
- Repeat over and over, “A treadmill run is better than no run, A treadmill run is better than no run…
How do you beat the boredom of the treadmill?