Yesterday, my mom came in to town and greeted my little guys who were home early from school. R3 was out apparently out of his mind with joy over seeing her. She really is that great. I know everyone says their mom is the best but mine really, really is.
Here is a snapshot of life as her daughter:
- My mom drove 7 hours to watch my kid play high school lacrosse
- She left the beach a day early because my kids had a half day
- She comes bearing gifts for everyone
- Including fruit, two bags of chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies that are delish
- She played with the boys all day
- I came home from work to a prepared dinner
- She slept on the planet’s worst pull out couch bed because R3 insists on sleeping with her
She’s loves like God. It’s unconditional. I have done some lousy things to that woman and she’s still crazy about me and my kids. It’s hard to understand and I hope I will love my kids that much some day and make them feel so loved. Everyone has probably given their mom the the standard “World’s Greatest Mom” plastic statue for Mother’s Day. I probably really didn’t feel it then but believe it now!